Nail Polish Making Machine Mixers
Ginhong is a professional Nail Polish manufacturing equipment supplier in China, our mixers widely used to make cream, ointment, lotion and emulsion in cosmetic, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. Follow the product links below to choose which Vacuum Emulsifier Homogenizer can meet your mayonnaise manufacture requirement.
Are You Looking for A Reliable Nail Polish Making Machine?
Feel free to write us about product queries or ask for support anytime, we'd love to help. Didn't find the right product
or want any recommendations? Contact us today!
Manufacturing Nail Polish by Ginhong Mixers
It all starts with inspiration. Nail Polish Designers see the potential of a new nail polish art, its color and sophistication and wanted to bring it life!
Every day tons of these nail polishes are manufactured in different colors with different unique finishes. In beauty salons we see these in various palettes of color choices and ladies would usually coordinate the color they choose with the color of their clothing. The luscious, unwrinkled, smooth and uniform texture of the nail polish applied to one’s nail beds enhances the appearance of the hands and feet who wear it.
We see Nail Polish so common everywhere now, but once upon a time in China, in the early 3000 BC, nail polish was just a new concept introduced to the market. During that time, nail polish was made in a sophisticated manner and in a complicated staining process, mixing ingredients such as beeswax, egg whites, gelatin, vegetable dyes, and gum arabic.
But now, advances in the mixing methods make it easier for nail polish to be manufactured. Ginhong provides quality mixers which can do the job of mixing nail polish ingredients and producing a uniform, high quality and luscious nail polish, be it a top coat, base coat, gel or matte. Material finishes can also be achieved such as the ones below.
- Prismatic micro-glitter or shimmer
- Jelly or translucent
Important Ingredients to Consider in Manufacturing Modern Nail Polish
While the color is the main asset of the nail polish, there are other ingredients essential to the perfect production of the nail polish. There is no single formulation for the nail polish as their components are selected on the basis of the required functional attribute.
A typical example of the ingredients, their percentages and their typical amount in a batch mixer is summarized below.
|Ingredient||Name||Important Properties||%||Amount in a 500-gram batch|
|Solvent||Butyl Acetate||0.7 cp||Used to dissolve other substances including nitrocellulose and is used as a fragrance ingredient||27||135|
|Solvent||Ethyl Acetate||0.426 cP||Used as diluent to adjust final viscosity||23.2||116|
|Solvent||Toluene||0.590 cp||Used solvent that creates a smooth finish||12||60|
|Film Former||Nitrocellulose||300-400 cp||Main film forming ingredient which imparts adhesion and improves gloss and helps in dispersing insoluble pigments and lakes||13||65|
|Resin||Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin||2278 cp||Nail-hardening agent and disinfectant for nail care tools||9||45|
|Plasticizer||Dibutyl Phthalate||16.6 cp||Impart flexibility and adhesiveness to the film, and also affect viscosity and the volatility or rate of drying.||7||35|
|Solvent||Isopropyl Alcohol||1.1 cp||5||25|
|Thickener||Stearalkonium Hectorite||A gel-like consistency that becomes more fluid-like when disturbed and is used as a suspending agent||1.5||7.5|
|Plasticizer||Camphor||9.3 cp||Act as solvents and are of high molecular weight.||0.950||4.75|
|Color||Any desired Color||0.7||2.5|
|Color||Titanium dioxide||These are whitening agents which help to develop shades which will reflect the same color on the nails as they are in the bottle||0.5||3.5|
The film forming agents, resins and plasticizers, solvents, thickener and coloring agents may vary in specific amounts depending on the targeted physical outcome of the product, but these materials are all commonly found in nail polish ingredients.
The Process of Nail Polish Manufacturing
Proper mixing with the predetermined type mixer to be used, mixer speed, number agitators and number of blades and the manner of how it would be mixed are important aspects to decide upon when choosing the right kind of mixer for this application.
When all the raw materials have been acquired, they must be processed and manufactured together to make the final product. By combining nitrocellulose and plasticizers with colored pigments, nail polish is created.
The following summarizes some processing requirements that should be looked upon to achieve optimal product quality:
- High energy and intensified mixer movement must take place to mix the product well and prevent varying material density from isolating themselves or form groupings.
- The mixing equipment must be capable of blending materials with varying viscosities. For example, Nitrocellulose which has a very high viscosity as compared with the solvents with lower viscosities and these must be mixed thoroughly to attain desired product results.
- Milling is not particularly necessary in this application because most of the raw materials, such as the pigments and resins, are already powderized. But it is necessary for these ingredients to mix well with the other ingredients and not form agglomerates.
- The mixer equipment must have the capability inducing viscosity wetting or surface wetting of viscous raw materials, such as the film forming agents. If not, the end product might have the disadvantage of early dropping in viscosity and losing its ability to dry to a hard film.
- The mixer should have the ability to mix the ingredients resulting to a uniform color, good gloss and good adhesive properties.
- A Stainless steel mixing container and storage tank must be used because the nitrocellulose is extremely reactive in the presence of iron.
- The mixing tank should be jacketed so that the mixture can be cooled by circulating cold water
- The mixing tank should be able to accommodate a large volume of nail polish mixture, filling about 10,000 – 14,000 half ounce nail polish bottles.
The Problem with Traditional Nail Polish Mixers
- Nitrocellulose sinks at the bottom of the vessel.
- When in contact with solvent, Nitrocellulose tends to be sticky and combine into agglomerates which stick to the walls of the vessel.
- The washing action of agitators need much time to dissolve the resin.
- Heating is helpful with dissolving, however it increases production costs and results in volatile and flammable solvent.
- It is difficult to get some powders floating on the surface totally wet.
- Poor pigment dispersion is bad for color strength and stability.
- High-speed dispersers is good for dissolving resins and dispersing colorant, but they consume a large amount of energy.
The Solution of Nail Polish Production
Ginhong mixers accomplish the production of nail polish through the following simplified methods:
- Upon filling the mixing vessel with solvent and resin chips, the mixer will immediately draw the ingredients into the workhead by the high-speed rotation of the rotor. The powerful centrifugal force of the mixer drives the powders and solvents to the narrow gap between the rotor and stator.
- The resin chips are mixed into particle size in a short time. The final product is then quickly pushed out through the stator, and the new materials are subjected to the workhead at the same time.
- All the ingredients are dispersed and mixed through the continuous working of mixer, which accelerates the manufacturing process.
Advantages of Ginhong Nail Polish Maker
Consistent product quality and stability
Ginhong Nail Polish Mixers are capable of attaining uniform nail polish color, good gloss and good adhesive properties.
Ginhong Nail Polish Mixers are also capable of optimizing nail polish desired properties such as having sufficient flexibility that does not crack, sufficiently hard surface, which is resistant to impact and scratch, and have reasonable drying time.
Fast and convenient of mixing, emulsifying and homogenizing components as compared to the length of time it takes to get the job done by other conventional mixers.
Fast inherent reaction rates
Intense and enhanced chemical reaction with a high degree of concentrated input energy that produces superior dispersion than traditional mixing methods.
Efficient dispersion highly enhances color strength. Resins can be easily dissolved
Less Air Entrainment
The overall mixing system forms a closed loop, meaning it prevents unwanted air from entering into the system. With less to no air entering the system, cavitation or formation of bubbles in a liquid, which causes blade damage, is prevented.
Reduced Waste and Sanitary
The mixer is equipped with a Scraper made of a Teflon or a non-stick coating. This material is easy to clean, hard to be dissolved in all solvents and can withstand high temperatures. The Scraper gathers material wastes which can be collected without process interruption.
Ginhong manufactures a wide variety of mixers with a great range of viscosities and applications. Their extensive range of pumps and process systems are designed to withstand extremities when delivering efficient metering, processing and analyzing.
Ginhong Nail Polish Mixer Videos:
Request A Free Quote
Have Any Questions?
Send us a message if you have any questions or request a quote. Our experts will give you a reply within 12 hours and help you select the right machine you want.