Carbopol Making Machine Mixers
Ginhong manufactures top-quality Carbopol Mixers for the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. If you want to leverage your production line’s capability in producing lotions, hand sanitizer gels, cosmetic creams and other water soluble gel products, you need high shear Carbopol mixers made by a professional manufacturer.
Are You Looking for A Reliable Carbopol Mixing Making Machine?
Feel free to write us about product queries or ask for support anytime, we'd love to help. Didn't find the right product
or want any recommendations? Contact us today!
Carbopol in Cosmetics Manufacture
What is Carbopol
If you have a pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, surely, you have encountered rheology modifiers such as Carbopol. Carbopol is a white, fluffy and dusty powder usually needed in making gels in personal care and cosmetic products.
As its purpose is to be a thickener, stabilizer, emulsifier for suspensions, it must require industrially capable manufacturing equipment. These are mixing equipment which can handle high viscosities of up to 30,000 to 60,000 cP of suspensions.
At a low percentage in the formulation, the gel formed has a slippery feature like in antibacterial gels. When it is required at high concentrations, it forms a high viscosity gel like a pseudoplastic. Only at high shear force of a pump or mixer can its viscosity be reduced.
Fortunately, Ginhong high shear mixers can efficiently solubilize, homogenize, disintegrate and emulsify preparations with Carbopol ingredients.
Why Ginhong Carbopol Mixer
Particulate powders, like Carbopol polymers and other rheology modifiers, can form clumps when not properly incorporated and mixed with the solvent. With our expertise in manufacturing high shear mixers for Carbopol gel formulations, you get the high quality mixture you need to promote your skin care product.
Ease of Powder Incorporation with Consistent Mixing Quality
Our industrial-grade Carbopol mixer is designed for rapid incorporation of powders, fast mixing time and efficient dispersion of ingredients. You can choose between our high shear mixer, multi-shaft mixer and vacuum emulsifier mixer to better suit your ingredient requirements and special needs in mixing parameters.
Tailored High Quality Mixer to Meet Your Gelling Agent Formulation Requirements
At Ginhong, we can customize your mixing equipment to meet your requirements and budget. Our mixers are tailor-made for each client whether it’s needed for a pharmaceutical, cosmetic or food industry. You can request for automated PLC controls, or an additional powder feeder depending on what you need. This ensures a more suitable system for efficient mixing, variable throughput, seamless operation and quick changeover.
Reduced Production Costs, Increased ROI
With high energy mixing and rapid powder incorporation, you can assure that the mixtures result in agglomerate-free gels. Our mixers can fully hydrate powders. This allows you to reduce on raw material wastage and additional processing equipment, ultimately reducing your production costs! At the end of the day, your production ROI is increased.
Recommended Mixers for Carbopol Powders and Other Rheology Modifier Thickeners
High Shear Carbopol Solutions Mixer
Ginhong’s High Shear Mixer has ruggedized features a cosmetic manufacturer would adequately need. It is highly efficient in making emulsified solutions of hand sanitizers, cosmetic products and other personal care products. Having the capability to homogenize, disintegrate and emulsify solutions at fast inherent reaction rates, you can seamlessly produce consistent batches of gels.
Ginhong’s High Shear Mixer can process bulk carbomer powders and thickeners at maximized output. We have it equipped with a high speed disperser, agitator and a rotor-stator homogenizer, precision-made for properly mixing ingredients. It can also have a stainless steel mixing tank having a capacity from 100L to 300L.
Ginhong High Shear Mixers:
Ginhong’s Multi-Shaft Mixer is ideally used in processing batch and continuous mixtures of high viscosity gels. It has two to three mixing shafts working in tandem, as they blend, emulsify and homogenize products. It has an agitator stirrer/scraper, a homogenizer and an addition of two or more dispersers.
It’s high energy can handle Carbopols and other carbomer formulations with up to 80,000 to 100,000 cps of viscosity. We carry affordable Multi-Shaft Mixers, highly customizable, to fit your specific recipe needs.
Ginhong Multi-Shaft Mixers:
- LZ Open Dual Shaft Mixer (Without Hydraulics) Machine
- LZ Vacuum Dual Shaft Mixer (Without Hydraulics) Machine
- SZ Vacuum Triple Shaft Mixer without Hydraulics
- SZ Vacuum Triple Shaft Mixer (with Hydraulic Lift System)
Ginhong Vacuum Homogenizer Mixer
Our Vacuum Homogenizer Mixer is a complete, vacuum-filled system which homogenizes, emulsifies and disintegrates materials, while operating in a clean-in-place environment. It can be incorporated with two separate tanks which can be used for the oil phase and water phase mixing. To facilitate sanitary mixing, all contact parts are made from stainless steel.
In addition, processing in vacuum helps prevent bacterial growth in the mixing tank and eases the transport of powders along the pipes.
Bottom Entry Homogenizer
Ginhong’s High Shear Bottom Entry Mixers can be used in conjunction with a slow anchor agitator for processing thick gel formulations. It has its rotor-stator homogenizer arranged at the bottom of the mixing tank.
Ginhong Carbopol Mixer Videos:
Request A Free Quote About Carbopol Mixing Machine
Carbopol Gel Preparation
How to Mix Gelling Solutions: Method of Preparation of Carbopol Gel
When using a traditional agitator, mixing Carbopol in a water solution may be more difficult. For one, the powders may only float in water without proper agitation and good vortex.
Oftentimes, a high pH ingredient must be added to the solution so that the final viscosity will not be too low. Carbomers are not really soluble in water, but they do form into hydrated spheres, giving your product its rheological properties. In terms of gum formulations, Carbopol may form agglomerates as well, when not properly mixed.
A powerful industry mixer is used in diluting thickened solutions in large scale production to achieve homogenized mixtures.
Carbopol Gel Formulation
Carbopol® is a carbomer that is a registered trademark under the Lubrizol Corporation. There are different Carbopol polymers available under the company which are either synthesized in a cosolvent mixture of cyclohexane and ethyl acetate or ethyl acetate.
As such, depending on what type of Carbopol you use, it may have different resulting viscosities in your formulation.
(0.5 wt% at pH 7.5)
|71G NF||4,000 - 11,000|
|971P NF||4,000 - 11,000|
|974P NF||29,400 - 39,400|
|980 NF||40,000 - 60,000|
|981 NF||4,000 - 10,000|
|5984 EP||30,500 - 39,400|
|ETD 2020 NF||47,000 - 77,0002|
|Ultrez 10 NF||45,000 - 65,000|
|934 NF||30,500 - 39,400|
|934P NF||29,400 - 39,400|
|940 NF||40,000 - 60,000|
|941 NF||4,000 - 10,000|
|1342 NF||9,500 - 26,500|
The Carbomers Mixing Process
Here’s a sample illustration of how Carbopol is mixed in skincare/pharmaceutical manufacturing:
- Carbomers for skin care manufacturing, such as Carbopol, are usually added to the oil phase for ease of emulsification.
- When adding Carbopol in the water phase, adding acid or electrolytes to the water phase before doing so can improve the dispersion of the product.
- Triisopropanolamine can be added to neutralize the Carbopol when gelling or thickening the product at 90% ethanol.
- Slow shearing is done after neutralization to prevent the product from reaching very high viscosities and poor flowability.
- Carbopol may cause dusting when incorporated in water.
- Some powders may be difficult to add in accurate amounts due to inferior flow properties.
- It may form fish-eyes or agglomerates due to the lack of mixing power.
- Clear gels may cloud due to entrained air, which is hard to remove and can cause issues during filling.
- Longer exposure to high shear mixing may actually destroy polymers, which can decrease the viscosity of the product.
- Long processing times are needed to fully disperse and hydrate the products.
- Different types of Carbopol perform differently when mixed; some may thicken quickly while others may not.
- The solution may foam due to aeration, requiring additional additives for dispersing the products.
The Ginhong Solution
Ginhong industry-grade mixers accomplish the production of Carbopol formulations through the following simplified methods using a top entry batch mixer:
- A base fluid is poured in the mixing vessel.
- Upon starting the mixer, a rotor-stator homogenizer, driven by a Siemens ro ABB motor, creates a high energy vortex.
- Carbopol powders are incorporated in the mixer and are immediately drawn through the workhead.
- At the workhead, ingredients are driven into narrow slots, crushed and thrown back into the mixture through a powerful jetting action.
- Any globules are constantly broken down upon passing through the tiny slots and undergoing high shear mixing.
- The process of intensive blending continues until all the ingredients are fully hydrated, homogenized, emulsified and disintegrated.
For the Neutralization Process:
Ginhong mixers can also be used for neutralizing Carbopols, depending on the viscosity of the product. For processing very viscous products, a low shear agitator can be used.
Advantages of Ginhong Mixer
Ginhong is a leading manufacturer and supplier of industrial mixers for Carbopol gel formulations. Our industry grade mixers can process different rheology modifier thickeners with the following advantages:
- Top-quality mixing at a low budget cost for the machinery.
- Ease of operation and maintenance with automated PLC program and control panel
- High efficiency yield
- Effective Particle Size Reduction
- Uniform consistency and texture
- Stable emulsions, agglomerate free mixtures
- Repeatability and quick changeovers
- Sanitary processing having low waste products.
Request A Free Quote
Have Any Questions?
Send us a message if you have any questions or request a quote. Our experts will give you a reply within 24 hours and help you select the right machine you want.