Hand Sanitizer Making Machine Mixers
Ginhong is a hand sanitizer mixer and making machine for gel, liquid & foam manufacturer in China, our mixers are widely used to manufacturing different hand sanitizers. Looking for a hand sanitizer high-shear batch mixer for sale from an experienced industrial mixer manufacturer? Ginhong might be your answer. Check out our specialized mixing equipment!
Are You Looking for A Reliable Hand Sanitizer Making Machine?
Feel free to write us about product queries or ask for support anytime, we'd love to help. Didn't find the right product
or want any recommendations? Contact us today!
Hand Sanitizer Manufacture By Ginhong Mixer
In response to the Covid-19 hand sanitizer shortage, many companies have joined the pool of manufacturers retooling production lines. Re-calibrating and customizing equipment to make sanitizing gels to fit FDA regulations may be more costly than just buying a high-quality hand sanitizer mixer. After all, hand sanitizer batch manufacturing is not as easy as making homemade sanitizers, where you only need to mix ingredients with a bowl and spatula.
So what are the manufacturing issues?
- For one, alcohol-based hand sanitizers are regarded as an FDA-regulated product, which needs to undergo a long haul of meeting safety specifications.
- Second, if you make antibacterial hand gels that cannot kill Coronavirus or are inconsistent, you may not have an attractive ROI.
If you’re one of the companies wanting to aid the supply shortage of these antibacterial products, you need to have the PROPER MIXING EQUIPMENT.
Why Ginhong Hand Sanitizer Mixer
Ginhong’s Hand Sanitizer Mixer is specially designed, manufactured and assembled to mix consistent batches of antibacterial gels and liquids to fight against Covid-19. We offer a variety of industrial mixer options and sizes to fit your ingredient specifications and your budget.
Top-Quality, Consistent Batch-to-Batch Hand Gel Mixture
At Ginhong, we make sure customers find the right type of mixer to completely homogenize, disintegrate and blend products for maximizing efficiencies and for higher ROI.
Robust Gel Mixing Equipment to Ramp Up Production & Meet Demand
We size your hand sanitizer mixer appropriately to match the optimum speed, agitator power, temperature and capacity with the properties of its ingredients. With highly robust mixing equipment such as Ginhong’s, you can surely meet the hand sanitizer demand in a jiffy!
Recommended Mixers for Hand Sanitizer Manufacturing
Ginhong’s High Shear Mixer
Ginhong’s High Shear Mixer is our premium high energy mixer for complete homogenization of gels, creams and viscous solutions. It is made up of a precision-made workhead (rotor and stator), a lifting system, portable stand and a motor and transmission mount. It has an inverter to conveniently adjust the rotation speed. It’s automatic hydraulic/pneumatic lifting mechanism makes it easy for operators to empty or fill the vessel.
We offer our high shear batch mixers for capacities ranging from 100 to 300L to make bulk hand sanitizer mixtures.
Our Multi-Shaft Mixer is equipped with two or more independently driven agitators driven by variable speed motors. It delivers high shear mixing, emulsification and homogenization for viscous gels. This can be for ingredients with over a hundred thousand centipoises. It has an anchor agitator with Teflon scraper to remove materials from the walls to promote clean mixing and high heat transfer rates.
You can choose a vacuum-filled closed system to help in minimizing aeration and ultimately, your costs. Vacuum-filled multi shaft mixers can also prevent growth of microbes in alcohols and beverages.
Ginhong Hand Sanitizer Mixer Videos:
Request A Free Quote About Hand Sanitizer Mixing Machine
Hand Sanitizer Manufacturing Process:
How to Make Gel & Liquid Solutions with Our Hand Sanitizer Mixer
To manufacture an effective and good quality hand sanitiser gel, spray, liquid or foam solution, the FDA and WHO released guidelines to be followed. These include compounding procedures for alcohol-based hand sanitizer to meet pharmaceutical standards.
The key to making foam hand sanitizer used in hospitals or for routine consumer use is to make it with at least 60% v/v alcohol. This can inactivate Covid-19 or other germs on the hands when applied correctly.
However, there are also formulations which are non-alcohol. Non-alcohol hand sanitizers, on the other hand, cannot kill Coronavirus.
Hand Sanitizer Formulation
Basic ingredients of hand sanitizers may include an active ingredient, which is alcohol or non-alcohol ingredient. Additional ingredients include glycerol, and hydrogen peroxide.
The WHO recommends alcohol-based formulations as it is effective, tolerable and cost-effective for providing bulk hand rubs for healthcare settings. Sanitizing ingredients may be Ethyl or Isopropyl alcohol at very high concentrations of about 96%. When blended with water and other ingredients, the final alcohol content should be between 60 to 90%.
But in general, the formulation can vary with different ingredients. Here are the basic ingredients for non-alcohol and alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
Alcohol Hand Sanitizer
Here’s an example of an alcohol-based herbal hand sanitizer formulation from Research Gate.
|Ethyl Alcohol/Isopropyl Alcohol||10.95× 10-4 Pa-s||Active ingredient/antibacterial||62%|
|Water||7.98 × 10-4 Pa-s||Solvent||30%|
|Neem leaves extract||-||Antimicrobial||1%|
|Triethanolamine||Miscible in water||Solubilizing agent; to prevent skin irritation||0.7%|
|Carbopol (Carbomer)||40-60 Pa-s||Thickening agent to make gel or emulsion; for stabilizing the solution||0.5%|
Some formulations also add bitter tasting compounds to discourage people from drinking hand sanitizers. This is usually added to the alcohol as denaturants to make it taste bitter for children to eat.
Non-Alcohol Hand Sanitizer
|Benzalkonium Chloride||Antimicrobial agent/active ingredient||0.2|
|Surfactant||Cleaning and spreading agent||1|
|Thickener||Increase viscosity/define consistency||0.3|
|Bitter-tasting compound||To prevent people from consuming the product||0.12|
|Preservative||Preserve the life of hand sanitizer||0.1|
Hand Sanitizer Gel
Usually 75% Ethanol or Isopropyl solutions with a main ingredient of deionized water, alcohol, and gel moisturizer, emollient.
Foaming Hand Sanitizer
Composed of deionized/distilled water, surfactant, foaming agents, moisturizing agents, and disinfectants.
The Mixing Process of Hand Sanitizer
The different viscosities of the ingredients means the mixer would have to bear different physical properties of the materials. During the mixing process, there should be a powerful action in an industrial blender to achieve a uniform agglomerate-free and consistent batch-to-batch mixtures.
The mixing process is as follows:
- Carbomer is mixed in water until a viscous gel is formed.
- In the second phase, Alcohol is introduced in the vessel and mixed until a uniform product is formed. At first, the alcohol concentration is very high - about 96%.
- A solubilizing agent, such as the Triethanolamine, will be introduced into the vessel until the right PH is obtained.
- The addition of the humectant is followed.
- Perfume, preservatives and coloring are added depending on your formulation.
- After all the ingredients are mixed, the alcohol concentration would be diluted to 60 to 90%, depending on your formulation.
When manufacturing hand sanitizers a number of problems may be encountered:
- Carbomer is a thickening agent in powder form. When mixed with water, it can form agglomerates when the equipment is not efficient. This means it should prevent aeration or air entrapment during mixing.
- Dusting problems may also occur as carbomers are low density products and can simply float or fly away when introduced into the mixing vessel.
- Entrained air is difficult to remove. Clouding can occur in gels. Moreover, issues during the filling process can occur, as the solution is measured in terms of volume, and not by weight.
- Inconsistencies can result in inaccurate volumetric filling.
- A conventional agitator would require long mixing times before achieving uniform dispersions.
- Difficulty in achieving a full yield
- Varying viscosities in different phases is more difficult to homogenize and stratification can occur.
The Ginhong Solution
Ginhong’s High Shear Mixer and Multi Shaft Mixer are equipped with the latest components for seamlessly processing hand sanitizer ingredients. These robust industrial blenders have control panels, homogenizer, pneumatic lifting mechanism and motors. Stainless steel pipes, filters and valves can process the solution at a clean, and rust-free environment.
- The carbomer is added into the vessel with spinning water where it will be immediately wetted out.
- The materials are led into a rotor-stator arrangement of the workhead, initially through centrifugal force of the rotating agitator.
- The material will enter the rotor and produce a linear velocity (15-40m/s) as it jets out, milled and reduced in size. This precision-made workhead also prevents aeration in the mixture.
- The product will continually be circulated around the vessel from top to bottom in the high shear zone.
- A heating element, can be used as needed, which can effectively dissolve components and facilitate easier mixing.
- Whenever a new ingredient is added, such as emollients or moisturizers, it is forced in and out of the stator and is completely mixed with the solution.
- In addition, an in-line mixer added to the system works by recirculating the product, ensuring uniformity and short mixing time.
- The process continues up until complete emulsification of the carbomer and oil is achieved. Afterwhich, the product will be discharged.
Advantages of Ginhong Hand Sanitizer Making Machine
Ginhong’s Hand Sanitizer Mixer has a number of advantages:
- Vacuum-filled mixing eliminates aeration and agglomerates
- Speedy Mixing Process through Fast Reaction Rates
- Sanitary mixing
- Maximized yield
- Consistent Product Quality and Stability
- Elimination of stratification during mixing
Request A Free Quote
Have Any Questions?
Send us a message if you have any questions or request a quote. Our experts will give you a reply within 24 hours and help you select the right machine you want.